BioProcessing Fittings - Bag Ports
Nordson MEDICAL's new high tech series of bag ports offers a variety of benefits new to the biopharmaceutical industry through a combination of Value Pharma™ resin and a unique design.
Value Pharma™ resin holds credentials that many manufacturers deem fundamental, such as animal derivative free qualification, USP Class VI certification, and the guarantee of heat sealing and conformance with polyethylene bags. The resin then goes even further to provide a strong, 24-hour resistance to alcohol stress cracking.
Their unique design sets these new ports apart from existing solutions. They not only conform with frequently utilized tubing sizes from 1/8" (3.2 mm) to 3" (76.2 mm), but they are also designed to ASME and BPE ferrule specifications, allowing them to work with leading industry fittings, filters and other devices. However, the most notable of the bag ports’ specifications are those that are new to the industry – the parabolic lead and the alignment ribs. These two features, respectively, reduce the amount of time it takes to drain a bag by 24 percent and improve flow dynamics through the port.
Flow alignment ribs promote a uniform flow by guiding the product into a consistent, rotational path. The parabolic lead cuts down the time it takes to drain a bag by 18 to 24 percent, as it reduces flow separation from the wall. The bag port's curved entrance promotes a consistent velocity and increases volumetric flow rates by 30 percent. The result is a bag port that maximizes the use of space, allowing large amounts of media to flow through any inner diameter.
Features & Benefits
- Compliant to ASME BPE ferrule specification
- Works with leading industry single-use bags
- Barb sizes consist of range from 1/8” (3.2 mm) to 3” (76.2 mm) and ferrule TC style
- Works with the frequently utilized tubing sizes found in the pharmaceutical industry
- Parabolic lead
- Reduces the time it takes to drain a bag by 18 to 24 percent
- Similar results for both fluid and powder based applications
- Alignment ribs
- Improves fluid dynamics of flow through the port
- Value Pharma™ resin
- Ensures heat sealing with polyethylene bags
- Includes a USP Class VI certification
- Animal Derivative Free
- Resistant to alcohol stress cracking
- Tubing Sizes:
- 1/8" (3.2 mm)
- 1/4" (6.4 mm)
- 3/8" (9.5 mm)
- 1/2" (12.7 mm)
- 3/4" (19.0 mm)
- 1" (25.4 mm)
- 1-1/2" (38.1 mm)
- 3" (76.2 mm)
- Interior Surface Finish:
- Surface finishes comply to ASME BPE-2009 Table SF-P-2 Ra Surface Roughness guidelines