Nordson Encore® PE Powder Spray Guns wins 2014 Ringier Technology Innovation Award
09 May 2014
AMHERST, OH, May 09, 2014 – Nordson Corporation (NASDAQ: NDSN) recently received 2014 Ringier Technology Innovation Award, which is regarded as the most important award in China’s coatings industry. The award was presented to the Nordson Encore PE powder spray guns for its excellent coating performance in PE coating application. This is the second time Nordson has won the prize.
The awards ceremony was held at the Shanghai Marriot Hotel Parkview on May 9, 2014, as the highlight of the 2014 China Coatings Summit. Coatings and Ink China – the leading market magazine published by Ringier Trade Media – announced the winners of the 2014 Ringier Technology Innovation Awards for the Coatings Industry. Twenty-five winning companies featured their innovative products and technologies across seven categories: Resins, Pigments, Additives, Machinery and Equipment, Green Coatings, Emulsions, and Technology. The Encore PE powder spray gun system was the only winner from coating equipment category.
“We sincerely appreciate the recognition for our system from the judging panel, and I also would like to express my sincere gratitude to the R&D team from Nordson for their continuous effort on industrial coating technology innovation,” said Roy Dong, Nordson China Industrial Coating Systems Group general manager, who accepted the awards on behalf of Nordson. “As a leader in the coating industry, Nordson will continue our efforts to improve technology innovation and improvement, with the goal of providing the best coating solution to our customers.”
The Encore® PE manual and automatic powder spray guns for applying porcelain-enamel powder incorporate the proven industry-leading designs and application performance of their predecessor – Versa-Spray® PE guns. However, with many design enhancements, Encore PE guns take operating efficiency and coating performance to an even higher level. The benefits of Encore PE gun system include:
- Builds upon and enhances the proven industry-leading designs and application performance of their predecessor – Versa-Spray® PE guns
- A 100 kV voltage multiplier assures maximum first-pass transfer efficiency
- A new, positively retained deflector and locking pattern adjustment sleeve ensure consistent, repeatable spray performance
- New electrode air wash keeps the gun charging electrode clean, maximizing electrostatic charging efficiency and preventing surface finish defects
- Adjustable mounting bracket enables automatic gun positioning from 90-degrees up (from parallel to gun bar) to 90-degrees down, to efficiently coat the tops and bottoms of parts
- The Encore PE pump delivers up to 30 percent more powder at comparable compressed air settings
- Commonality of parts between the Encore auto and manual guns assures consistency when switching operations and minimizes inventory
- Easy disassembly for routine cleaning and maintenance; completely field repairable
- Optional ion collector device draws excess ions from spraying zone for enhanced coverage and finish appearance
- A choice of gun controllers, both with digital, closed-loop pneumatic control, based on specific application needs – from basic to more advanced operation