S-800 Series Original Product Page
This product is no longer sold. It will be supported until September 2022. See the Quantum® fluid dispensing system for a replacement product.
Information on this page is provided is for reference only.
The Spectrum™ S-800 Series system is designed for batch production of advanced dispensing applications, including underfill, cavity fill, die attach, and encapsulation.
The Spectrum S-800 Series provides advanced dispensing process capability in an affordable package, and is ideal for labs, batch production, and new product development. It performs with a wide range of fluids, processes and substrates used in semiconductor packaging and assembly. It easily integrates with most Nordson ASYMTEK jets, pumps, and valves, including the DispenseJet® DJ-9500 and NexJet® System.
Nordson ASYMTEK’s advanced process control capabilities have been incorporated into the Spectrum S-800 Series platform, bringing premium features to this batch system:
- For valve and pump dispensing, Patented Mass Flow Calibration (MFC) uses weight-controlled dispensing and automatic calibration to deliver consistent fluid amounts throughout production.
- For jet dispensing, Calibrated Process Jetting (CPJ) uses weight control to ensure precise volumetric repeatability and optimized line speed for jet-on-the-fly operations.
- Jet-on-the-Fly (JOF) is a software feature that drives the DJ-9500 to dispense lines of dots without stopping. Dispense time is significantly reduced when compared to traditional needle dispensing.
- Dynamic Dispense Control (DDC) offers precise and flexible control parameters through closed-loop servo technology. With encoders and feedback from the dispensing pump, the user can specify different acceleration and deceleration values for the valve or pump, allowing each dispense shot to be optimized for speed, accuracy, and yield.
Several options can be added to meet specific application requirements. The Spectrum S-800 Series is fully supported by Nordson ASYMTEK’s exclusive Fluidmove® for Windows® software, providing dispense programming control within a familiar Windows environment.
Processes developed on the Spectrum S-800 Series with the Fluidmove® software package can be easily transferred to an inline Spectrum™ II platform when the operation requires more than batch capacities. Production can be expanded with minimal configuration downtime and seamless transition from engineering development to inline manufacturing.
Features and Benefits
- Fluidmove for Windows software for easy-to-use programming control
- Patented Mass Flow Control automatically compensates for changes in fluid viscosity
- Automatic Pattern Recognition System for accurate identification of global and local fiducials
- Automated thermal management for reliable substrate heating and full temperature control of fluid delivery
- Cleanroom-capable (Class 100 environments) configuration, S-820-C
- Dual lane configuration, S-822