DispenseJet DJ-2100 Jet
The DispenseJet® DJ-2100 non-contact jet provides fast fluid dispensing for surface mount adhesive applications
Nordson ASYMTEK’s DispenseJet DJ-2100 jet is a non-contact, drop-on-demand valve providing fast fluid dispensing. The jet can deliver up to 100 dots per second. In actual use, the jet delivers more than 30,000 dots per hour of industry-standard surface mount adhesive when mounted on the Spectrum™ II and Quantum® dispensing systems. For electronics assembly requiring speed, dot consistency, and tight process control, the jet is ideal.
Non-contact jetting eliminates Z-axis motion between dots, significantly increasing speed. Jetting eliminates the need for a mechanical needle standoff (foot). Problems disappear: no expensive needles that wear out, no worrying about touching the board with a footed needle, no change to dot size due to variations on PCBs, and no expense and problems associated with underboard support. Cost of ownership is reduced.
The jet “flies” over the substrate at dispense gaps between 0.5 and 3.5 mm (0.02 and 0.14 in.). Dispense cycles of 12 to 15 milliseconds per dot offer improved throughputs over systems that have longer valve-on times and z-axis motion. The jet goes faster and provides better shot size accuracy.
- Accurately jets surface mount adhesive dots for a wide range of component sizes
- Eliminates Z-axis motion during dispensing and virtually eliminates height sensing
- Tolerates greater variations in PCB planarity
- Provides threefold improvement in consistency over needle-based dispensing systems
- Adaptable for use from prototype to high-volume, in-line production
- Dot diameter down to 0.33 mm (0.013 in.) for 0402 components