Laser Fan Width Control
Laser Fan Width Control provides closed-loop monitoring of the conformal coating process and ensures coating width independent of viscosity
Laser Fan Width Control delivers improved repeatiblity for conformal coating applications. The system automatically verifies and adjusts the fan width prior to and/or after the coating operation. Through the use of a laser beam, the system "looks" at the fan pattern, monitors the results, and automatically adjusts fluid fan width (coating pass width).
Accuracy is ensured by design. The laser beam makes precise measurements while positioned outside the work cell (dispense area). This dramatically reduces the chance of contamination. Autocalibration is an additional standard feature and helps to compensate for beam reflection during operation.
There are two programmable modes of Laser Fan Width Control: Quick Check and Control Width.
Laser Fan Width Control is available as an option for new conformal coating system orders, or for retrofits without previous versions of Fan Width Control. Upgrades from existing "fiber-optic" systems are slightly different; please contact your sales representative for details.
- Automatically verifies fan width using laser beam for repeatable coating patterns
- Compensates for viscosity variations during the coating process
- Offers programmable width verification and correction frequency to increase throughput and yield
- Multiple, programmable fan widths available using Easy Coat® software for flexible fluid delivery
- Provides data logging of production parameters for statistical process control
- Design eliminates contamination with coating material during production
- Avoids risk of interference by eliminating operator collision