Inline Inverter Module
The Inline Inverter Module for one- or two-sided selective conformal coating of PCBs maximizes productivity and yield, conserves factory floor space, and reduces board-handling requirements
Available for integration with Nordson ASYMTEK's Select Coat® conformal coating system, the Inline Inverter module can be configured for invert-and-pass-through, invert-and-return and pass-through board processing.
For high-volume, two-sided PCB coating, the Inline Inverter is located between two conveyorized conformal coating systems, for simultaneous processing of two boards. The circuit board or pallet is loaded onto the conveyor of the conformal coating system and side one of the board is coated. The board is then conveyed into the Inline Inverter module, flipped, and conveyed to a second conformal coating system for coating of side two. The board is then sent to a curing module.
For mid-volume invert-and-return operation, the board to be coated moves through the inverter mechanism, located upstream of a single coater. The board is conveyed into the system for coating of side one. The board is then conveyed back to the Inline Inverter, flipped, and returned to the coating system for coating of side two. The board is then conveyed to a curing module.
When process assembly requirements call for one-sided conformal coating of PCBs, the module is easily programmed to allow boards to pass through without inversion. Throughout the coating process, the Programmed Logic Control (PLC) module monitors inverter operation, board location, and exhaust ventilation for solvent-based conformal coatings. The unit is equipped with a differential pressure monitor and safety interlocks that cause the system to immediately stop if ventilation falls below prescribed levels.
- Flexible design allows the inverter to be installed in a variety of configurations to meet assembly process requirements
- Automatic one- or two-sided conformal coating reduces board-handling requirements and increases yield
- Safety interlocks ensure that ventilation remains at prescribed levels
- Compact footprint conserves valuable production floor space
- Easy width adjustment accommodates a wide variety of board sizes
- Inline Inverter module PLC controller monitors board location, inverter operation, and solvent exhaust
- SMEMA-compatible interface