Select Coat SC-280N/SC-280C Film Coater Applicator
Based on the popular SC-204/SC-104 applicators, the Select Coat® SC-280N/SC-280C film coaters provide the same precision and dependability for selective application of conformal coating materials, but with additional features and benefits
- Accurate edge definition is achieved through precise, selective material application
- Highest coating velocity and versatility increase throughput
- Variable pattern width allows for optimal selectivity
- Increased process controls through the optional closed-loop fan pattern control
- Flexibility is maximized with a variety of process optimized nozzles
Nordson ASYMTEK's Select Coat SC-280N/SC-280C non-atomized film coaters provide automated, selective application of conformal coating materials with viscosities of less than 100 centipoise. Coating thicknesses range from 10 to 76 µm (0.0005 to 0.003 inch) for solvent-based materials.
With transfer efficiency more than 99%, the film coaters improve material utilization by 30 to 50 percent. Because the coating material is not atomized, over-spray, masking, and rework associated with conventional conformal coating processes are minimized.
With the addition of our Fifth-Axis Tilt Accessory, the applicators also have enhanced access to tight or hard-to-reach areas that may not be achievable with the standard downward approach (0 degrees).
The stainless steel fluid path provides compatibility with current coating materials. The design of the SC-280N and SC-280C are based on the Nordson ASYMTEK's popular Select Coat® SC-204/SC-104 film coater applicators, which has been an industry standard for many years.
The SC-280N and SC-280C applicators are available on the Select Coat® conformal coating system.
- Non-atomized coating provides >99% transfer efficiency
- Selectively coats complex circuit boards in seconds
- Improves material utilization, achieves less waste, and reduces costs
- Virtually eliminates masking through precise, selective material application
- Use of non-atomized process and a ventilated system reduces VOC emissions
- Stainless steel fluid path provides compatibility with a range of materials
- Compatible with the heated circulating fluid system