Select Coat SC-280N/SC-280C Film Coater Applicator
The Select Coat® SC-280N/SC-280C film coaters provide precision and dependability to the application of conformal coating materials
- Accurate edge definition is achieved through precise, selective material application
- High coating velocity and versatility increase throughput
- Virtually eliminates masking through precise, selective material application
- Variable pattern width allows for optimal selectivity
- Increased process controls through the optional closed-loop fan pattern control
Nordson ASYMTEK's Select Coat SC-280N/SC-280C non-atomized film coaters provide automated, selective application of conformal coating materials with viscosities of less than 100 centipoise. Coating thicknesses range from 125 to 750 µm (0.5 to 3 mils) for solvent-based materials and 0.1 to 0.2 mm (4 to 8 mils) for 100-percent solid materials.
With a transfer efficiency of virtually 100 percent, the film coater applicator improves conformal coating utilization by 30 to 50 percent. Because the coating material is not atomized, over-spray, masking, and rework associated with conventional conformal coating processes is virtually eliminated.
When configured with the optional Fifth-Axis Tilt Accessory, the SC-280N/SC-280C has enhanced access to tight or hard-to-reach areas that might not be achievable with the standard downward approach (0 degrees).
The design of the SC-280N and SC-280C are based on the Nordson ASYMTEK's popular Select Coat® SC-204/SC-104 film coater applicators, which have been an industry standard for many years.
The SC-280N and SC-280C applicators are available on the Select Coat® conformal coating system.
- Flexibility is maximized with a variety of process optimized nozzles
- Non-atomized coating provides virtually 100 percent transfer efficiency
- Selectively coats complex circuit boards in seconds
- Improves material utilization, achieves less waste, and reduces costs
- Use of non-atomized process and a ventilated system reduces VOC emissions
- Stainless steel fluid path provides compatibility with a range of materials
- Compatible with the heated, circulating fluid system
SC-280N and SC-280C: U.S. Patent 9,346,074