SC-300 Swirl Coat Applicator
The SC-300 Swirl Coat® applicator increases flexibility and control by utilizing three modes of operations
- Flexibility is maximized by the ability to apply low and high viscosity conformal coating material in spot, bead, and area-coat (bead, monofilament, and swirl)
- Concentric fluid stream provides uniform thickness and consistent pattern width
- Configurable for optimal fluid control performance to match specific application
- Simple maintenance; minimum wetted parts are easy to disassemble and maintain
- Designed and tested to ensure high-quality performance
- Optional Tilt and Rotate enhances access to hard-to-reach areas
Achieve the most versatile coating capability for high viscosity coating materials with the SC-300 Swirl Coat tri-mode applicator. The unique design offers a bead, monofilament, and swirl mode - all in one applicator. Thin and consistent coating thickness is achieved with the laminate concentric flow resulting in a symmetric fluid distribution.
Ideal for conformal coating applications, the SC-300 handles a wide range of materials varying in viscosity form 30 to 3500 mPa-sec (30 to 3500 centipoise). It is designed for use with coating formulations based on either solvents or solvent-less materials, supporting environmentally responsible practices.
The SC-300 applicator is easy to maintain and offers several key features to make ownership simple. The coating process is optimized by the flexibility to choose between low-cavity or zero-cavity nozzles.The zero-cavity nozzle tip prevents material build-up during operation; it also allows for cleaning without disassembly. There are minimum wetted parts to replace or clean. The use of advanced materials, smooth internal surfaces and exposed splines makes them easier to clean. In addition, the SC-300 requires no special adjustment during re-assembly -- coating performance and fluid sealing are not adjustment dependent, resulting in repeatable applicator response time.
For a broader selection of spray patterns, one of three airflow extensions can be fitted onto the main assembly. The airflow extensions along with the three spray modes provide conformal coating patterns to fit your application.
The high flow rate produces film builds quickly, while allowing for fine control. The fluid passage provides uniform fluid flow distribution. The air and fluid chamber are co-located so that there is rapid response to changes in operation - there are no long air-lines to delay response or to fail.
An optional Four-Position Tilt Accessory is available to allow coating access to vertical sides of components. The SC-300 applicator is intended for use with the Select Coat® conformal coating system.
- Three modes of operation - bead, monofilament, and swirl - for flexibility and control
- Laminate concentric flow resulting in symmetric fluid distribution
- No process variations due to operator assembly
- Consistent response time
- Simple maintenance with minimum wetted parts that are easy to disassemble and remove
- Easier handling of short pot-life materials; true zero-cavity design holds no fluid at the tip after coating
- Configured for optimized performance