Nordson Corporation was founded in 1954 in Amherst, Ohio by brothers Eric and Evan Nord. However, the company’s roots trace back to the U.S. Automatic Company, which was started in 1909.
Initially, the U.S. Automatic Company specialized in screw machine parts for the emerging automotive industry. In 1935, under the direction of Eric and Evan’s father Walter G. Nord, the company shifted its production emphasis to high-precision parts critical to supporting the United States' defense effort during World War II.
Please visit the Nordson Corporation history webpage
to learn more about Nordson history.