Multiple Plasma Mode Capability
The system can be configured for direct, downstream and downstream ion-free plasma.
Unique to the industry, the XTRAK can be configured in the downstream ion-free mode - removing ions, electrons and photons, enabling the chemically active radicals and byproducts to perform the work using oxygen as the source gas. The patented XTRAK-IFP system is ideal for cleaning pre-programmed memory devices when UV exposure may be an issue. Multiple plasma modes allow unrestricted choice of any process gas.
Innovative Handling and Configuration
The XTRAK’s flexible architecture accommodates a wide variety of products, such as single strips, process carriers, and larger, heavier components. Two-strip handling is also available for 6-inch (length) strips or smaller. Product handling reliability and control are ensured with a servo-driven handling system with soft deceleration.
The system operates in both automatic and manual modes, with a multi-processing feature that allows implementation of single or multiple recipes in one operation. By integrating the XTRAK system with loaders, the XTRAK operates in a standalone configuration. It can also run in an island form factor to feed a designated line of equipment, including component attach systems, wire bonders and dispense equipment.
SMART Tune™ Management System
The XTRAK’s SMART Tune management system provides closed-loop plasma control that optimizes the RF system and minimizes tuning time. The system automatically recycles to a plasma-ready state, compensating for changes in vacuum pressure, temperature and varied lot sizes. Maximum power to the chamber is achieved with a proprietary algorithm that constantly measures forward and reflective power inside the chamber.
Features and Benefits
- Fast, efficient surface treatment and cleaning prior to wire bonding, die attach, encapsulation, conformal coating, underfill and more
- Uniform plasma treatment across all part surfaces with its three-axis symmetrical chamber design
- Proprietary software control with intuitive graphical interface for easy touch-screen programming
- Ultimate application flexibility for direct, downstream and downstream ion-free plasma treatment
- Full front access to all interior components allows for convenient maintenance