Benefits of UV Finishing
Liquid UV coat and cure technology saves both time and on the production line for a better bottom line. From environmental benefits of zero VOC coatings, to instant cure capability for faster throughput and lower inventories, Nordson can help you understand how you can benefit from UV painting and curing operations.
- Zero VOC coatings meet environmental regulations
- Fast color change, in as little as one minute
- Low-temperature curing for heat-sensitive substrates
- Less energy to cure products
- Smaller footprint for production
- No cool down time before parts can be packed for shipment
- Quality finish that provides the durability of powder coating with the flexibility of liquid finishing
What Products Work With UV?
Virtually everything. Nordson has developed techniques for spraying and curing UV materials on a wide range of substrates including three-dimensional objects with shadow areas. For example:
Kitchen cabinet frames and doors
Glass and plastic bottles
Decorative wall panels
Glass plate and panels
Exterior automotive components
Wheels and wheel trim
Wood moldings and trim
Wood window and door trim|
How Does the Process Work?
It's easy to cut process time from hours to minutes with Nordson UV coat and cure technology. With our patented UV lamp design and application equipment optimized for UV, you can coat and cure products quickly, safely and efficiently.
Click on a photo to view see the Nordson Liquid UV Coat and Cure process work.
(You will need Windows Media Player to view the videos.)
Why Choose Nordson?
Nordson is a worldwide leader in precision dispensing equipment for manufacturers. We have a long tradition of partnering with our customers to help improve their operations for maximum performance and product quality.
For UV coating and curing, Nordson's product line is designed to meet these application requirements:
- Stainless steel fluid passages that resist corrosive UV materials
- Pumps that won't shear UV materials, causing premature polymerization
- Rotary atomizer cups that provide a consistent, fine particle size
- Line of CoolWave® 2 UV Curing Systems