- Leading technology reduces costs, improves productivity and sustainability
AMHERST, OH, March 11, 2011 – Nordson Corporation (NASDAQ-NDSN), a recognized leader in advanced coating, dispensing and curing systems used in the production of beverage and food containers, will feature many of its green technology solutions, including powder coating, induction curing and ultraviolet curing systems, at this year’s METPACK show. Held at the Messe Essen in Essen, Germany from May 10 through May 14, Nordson’s booth is located in Hall 3.0, #H35.
Nordson’s line of container coating and curing systems help metal packaging manufacturers save money, improve productivity and meet ever-increasing environmental demands for sustainability. Displays at METPACK meeting these goals include:
- Powder coating systems for metal packaging – environmentally friendly and sustainable, powder coatings are virtually VOC-free, so there are no harmful solvents. Coatings can also be reclaimed and reused, reducing waste and saving material costs. In addition, the coatings are electrostatically charged, which provides higher transfer efficiency and less waste. Nordson powder coating systems also feature innovative HDLV technology for pumping powder from the feed center.
- Induction curing systems for side-seam coating – compact and energy-efficient, induction curing systems heat only the metal container, not the air around it. As a result, they require less energy to run and also reduce emissions.
- CoolWave® 2 UV curing systems – enabling manufacturers to use VOC-free coatings, the CoolWave 2 system eliminates harmful solvents. In addition, the system cures in seconds to significantly reduce energy use.
- Temperature control systems for end lining – controlling the temperature of liquid coatings, inks and sealants with Nordson products has a significant impact on process sustainability. Manufacturers produce the highest quality products using the least amount of materials and energy. Using less material also means reduced scrap, lower emissions and less energy required.
“We are very excited to be showcasing our latest green technology solutions at METPACK,” says Mark Novotny, global marketing manager, Nordson container systems. “As we continue to expand our product line and develop innovative ways to apply new types of coatings, we look forward to delivering these technologies to help can makers make better products efficiently, economically, and in an environmentally sustainable process.”
Other Nordson systems on display include:
- CleanSpray® XT Automated Nozzle Cleaning System – cleans airless spray nozzles automatically for improved coating quality and increased productivity.
- MEG® Dispensing Gun – compact electric spray gun for container coatings with ultra high-speed response that enables fast operation and high accuracy.
- Microcoat® Lubrication System – a non-contact system that applies lubricant for presses and other metal-forming operations, as a fine, consistent film that provides complete coverage using less material.
For more information on how Nordson systems for metal packaging can help save costs and improve efficiency, visit us at www.nordson.com/container.
For more information on METPACK, visit our booth in Hall 3.0, #H35 or contact Mark Novotny at 1.440.985.4549 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nordson Corporation is one of the world’s leading producers of precision dispensing equipment that applies adhesives, sealants, coatings and other materials to a broad range of consumer and industrial products during manufacturing operations. The company also manufactures equipment used in the testing and inspection of electronic components as well as technology-based systems for curing and surface treatment processes. Headquartered in Westlake, Ohio, Nordson has direct operations and sales support offices in more than 30 countries. Visit Nordson at www.nordson.com or follow us at http://twitter.com/Nordson_Corp or on Facebook.
CONTACT: Mark Novotny
300 Nordson Drive
Amherst, OH 44001 USA