AMHERST, OH, June 8, 2010 – Nordson Corporation (NASDAQ-NDSN) introduces an enhanced BR-1 controller designed for easy retrofit with its induction dryers and sterilizers. The new controller incorporates many enhanced technological features over its predecessor – the Mountaingate controller.
With a touchscreen control panel, improved graphic interface and easy-to-navigate screens andfunctions, the BR-1 controller is easier to use and operate. In addition, it provides more reliable operation with enhanced power limiting features and sensor detection. Other enhanced features include:
- Operators can easily determine Ramp Power Setting and adjust to fixed power output control at any time.
- Password protection to prevent unauthorized program changes.
- Quick troubleshooting with indicators for all digital I/O displayed on a single screen.
- Easy maintenance with dryer and inverter run times recorded for scheduling preventative maintenance.
- Power Limiting feature to restrict the minimum and maximum power output levels during all operations, including PID Mode.
- Automatic detection of a faulted thermocouple sensor, reducing costly downtime.
The BR-1 control is a direct replacement for the Mountaingate (Basicon Style)controller currently used with Nordson induction dryer Models ICD, ISC and EST (part numbers: 381073A, 393590A, 393591A, 393592A) manufactured before April 1, 2010. The retrofit uses existing ribbon cable, door cut-out and mounting – making the upgrade fast and easy with installation in about an hour.
For more information on the BR-1 controller or induction dryers and sterilizers from Nordson, contact Mark Novotny, Global Marketing Manager, Nordson Container Systems at 1-440-985-4549, email@example.com.
Nordson Corporation (Nasdaq: NDSN) is one of the world’s leading producers of precision dispensing equipment that applies adhesives, sealants, coatings and other materials to a broad range of consumer and industrial products during manufacturing operations. The company also manufactures equipment used in the testing and inspection of electronic components as well as technology-based systems for curing and surface treatment processes. Headquartered in Westlake, Ohio, Nordson has direct operations and sales support offices in more than 30 countries.
# # #