Division/Department: Industrial Coating Systems
Location: Amherst, Ohio
Job Title: Technical Writer
Reports to: Senior Supervisor, Engineering
Writes, edits, and coordinates the printing of Nordson technical publications including product manuals, instruction sheets, documentation for engineered systems, field service handbooks, and other technical literature.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Writes and revises product manuals, instruction sheets, documentation for engineered systems, field service handbooks, and other technical literature.
2. Assumes day-to-day responsibility for maintenance of major publications or product group documentation.
3. Selects artwork for technical publications; assists in coordinating the production of artwork.
4. Edits and coordinates the production of foreign language manuals for Nordson products.
5. Assists in maintenance of technical communications files and information storage systems.
6. Coordinates the review of internal and external technical publications to ensure the accuracy of text, completeness of information, and adequacy of warnings.
7. Consults with Engineering and Marketing personnel to establish technical content and time schedules for manual publications.
8. Checks artwork and graphics; coordinates publication and distribution of printed materials.
9. Estimates and helps control costs consistent with quality and budget requirements.