Available for integration with Nordson ASYMTEK's conformal coating systems such as the Select Coat SL-940E, the Inline Inverter can be configured for invert-and-pass-through, invert-and-return and pass-through board processing.
For high-volume, two-sided PCB coating, the inverter module is located between two conveyorized conformal coating systems, for simultaneous processing of two boards. The circuit board or pallet is loaded onto the conveyor of the conformal coating system and board side one is coated. The board is then conveyed into the inverter module, flipped, and conveyed to a second conformal coating system for coating side two. The board is then sent to the curing module.
For mid-volume invert-and-return operation, the board to be coated moves through the inverter mechanism, located upstream of a single coater. The board is conveyed into the system for coating side one. The board is then conveyed back to the inverter module, flipped, and returned to the coating system for coating side two. The board is then conveyed to the curing module.
When process assembly requirements call for one-sided conformal coating of PCBs, the inverter module is easily programmed to allow boards to pass through without inversion. Throughout the coating process, the Programmed Logic Control (PLC) module monitors inverter operation, board location, and exhaust ventilation for solvent-based conformal coatings. The unit is equipped with a differential pressure monitor and safety interlocks that cause the system to immediately stop if ventilation falls below prescribed levels.
- Flexible design allows the inverter to be installed in a variety of configurations to meet assembly process requirements
- Automatic one- or two-sided conformal coating reduces board-handling requirements and increases yield
- Safety interlocks ensure that ventilation remains at prescribed levels
- Compact footprint conserves valuable production floor space
- Easy width adjustment accommodates a wide variety of board sizes
- Inverter module PLC controller monitors board location, inverter operation, and solvent exhaust
- SMEMA-compatible interface