1. Develop suppliers in China or Asia Pacific to meet or exceed Nordson's corporate (SCM) Supply Chain Management performance metrics and general requirements.
2. Lead the effort under the supervision of the Supply Chain Manager and the direction of corporate SCM to resolve the quality issues related to purchase parts of both Nordson Manufacturing as well as the external suppliers. Work with the suppliers to develop, implement, and verify supplier's corrective actions for both Nordson and supplier identified issues.
3. Manage material evaluation and qualification for samples, pilot, & production orders.
4. Meet directly with supplier personnel at the supplier, Nordson or other facilities to address and resolve issues. The urgent resolution of issues may require short notice travel to the supplier’s facility.
5. Work directly with sourcing personnel and the supplier to assess and qualify local (Chinese) suppliers. Perform detailed assessment of all key suppliers utilizing corporate SCM tools and processes.
6. Participate in or drive Lean Six Sigma events and other activities to achieve quality excellence and operational excellence.
7. Measure Asian Pacific supplier performance improvements based upon SCM performance metrics.
8. Be responsible for the 6s condition of workspace and other areas as assigned.
9. Provide leadership, train and direct others in job related subjects or areas of knowledge. Effectively accomplish assignments that support the mission of SCM China.
10. Follow all work processes, rules and expected behaviors for Nordson China employees.
11. Communicate problems or difficulties related to the proper performance of the job. And recommending effective corrective action on problems.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by manager.