The Purchasing Agent is accountable for the management and development of a world-class supply base. Specific focus will be placed on ensuring effective and comprehensive regional and global commodity strategies. These stratigies will compliment and support our factories product support procurement to allow successful achievement of our local and strategic objectives. The objectives are as follows: the uninterrupted supply of production materials and services as specified by engineering, scheduled by manufacturing and within the cost requirements of the business group, while establishing effective risk mitigation plans to avoid production downtimes.
- Manage specific global suppliers for improved performance and reduced cost
- Responsible for specific regional and global projects and programs as assigned
- Create, implement and manage specific Best Pracitces, along with training of these practices and others, to the entire SCM organization.
- Provide leadership, focus and strategic direction for major commodities and suppliers to the entire SCM organization and all related product support groups.
- Lead specific global, strategic sourcing efforts. Strategic sourcing should focus on the key objectives of: geographic alignment, performance improvement, cost reduction and supply base consolidation.
- Manage the transition from old supplier to new supplier.
- Provide leadership, focus and strategic direction for projects and programs as assigned, such as LCCS, Supplier Risk Management, ROP Scheduling Agreement expansion, SCM organization training, market price forecasting, e-sourcing and others as assigned
- New acquisition integrationCombining the efforts of supplier development and performance, lead the reduction and consolidation of the supply base to key suppliers that provide quality material, on time for the most effective cost