Plasma System for High-Throughput, Inline Boat Processing
The patented plasma module provides exceptional uniformity and run-to-run process repeatability. Its advanced three axis symmetrical plasma chamber ensures control over all process parameters and highly repeatable results.
The system seamlessly integrates into a production line, while accommodating a wide range of boat sizes, yielding unmatched production flexibility. Its compact plasma chamber and proprietary process control system minimize cycle time.
The integrated boat handler of the FlexTRAK-2MB plasma system provides rapid material transfer, up to 2 boats per plasma cycle. Combined with the compact design and short plasma cycle, the system maximizes through-put and minimizes cost of ownership.
Plasma processes for pre-flip chip underfill, pre-die attach, pre-wire bond and pre-mold steps.
Plasma Contamination Removal & Cleaning
- Fluorine & other halogens
- Metals & metal oxides
- Organic compounds
- Roughen surfaces to improve adhesion and reduced delamination
- Modify surfaces to increase bond strength and surface tension properties
- Improve flip chip underfill performance by minimizing voids, enhancing adhesion, increasing wicking speed and maximizing filet height uniformity
- Improve mold material flow to eliminate voids and reduce wire sweep
Features and Benefits
- Unique boat bypass feature optimizes productivity
- Multiple inline plasma modules increase throughput
- High uniform plasma treatment
- Production ready dual lane boat handling
- Ideal for pre-Flip-Chip Underfill (FCUF) processes