Can-necking operations of smaller end sizes may experience pleating and black lines. These problems can increase rejects and make it difficult to increase line speeds. Nordson® CanNeck™ Lubrication Systems apply a defined and controllable bead of lubricant to the open end of cans, offering the following benefits:
- Assures precise amount of lubricant is on each can as it enters the necker.
- Automatically maintains the size and placement of the bead
- Accommodates line speeds up to 3,000 cpm
- Two different system configurations provide flexibility to dispense either wax or mineral oil
- Simple adjustment of the amount of lubricant dispensed accommodates abrasion characteristics of different inks
- Low-level detector alerts operator to add lubricant without interrupting production