Support Quality Engineer in the process of investigating product quality issues, and training of inspection staff. Provide assistance with the effective implementation of corrective and preventative actions and resolution of product non-conformances.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoot product quality issues with molding/ molded parts/ tooling. If necessary, take immediate corrective action to eliminate defects.
- Monitor product being produced on all molding machines throughout the shift.
- Perform inspection of all mold machines to check for: Completion and accuracy of work orders, unusual scrap levels at each machine, correct raw materials being used, etc.
- Perform inspection measurements as required for product being produced.
- Substitute for QA inspectors as required.
- Perform internal audits as required.
- Perform other projects or investigations as required by Management.
- Compile a daily report for the QA Manager listing all quality issues addressed during the day.
- Provide assistance in the development of improved inspection process and procedures.
- Practice good housekeeping and appropriate measures to prevent pollution or other negative impacts on the environment.
ESTIMATED TRAVEL REQUIRED
Manufacturing and warehouse environment. Frequent stooping and bending. Regularly required to sit or stand and move about the facility. Physical ability to lift boxes up to 30 lbs. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.