Incorporating over 15 years of jetting experience, the DJ-9500 jet provides even more capability than its DJ-9000 predecessor. Nordson ASYMTEK's jetting technology offers many advantages over traditional needle dispensing to deliver speed, quality, flexibility and low cost of ownership. Common needle problems are eliminated (no bent needles, no chipped die, no effects from product warpage, and more).
- Patented “Jet-on-the-Fly” technology (U.S. Patent 5,711,989 & 5,505,777): In operation, the jet “flies” over the part or substrate, and shoots precise volumes of fluid in dots, lines and patterns. High flow rates up to 400 mg/second; high shot rate up to 200 dots per second; no Z-axis motion.
- Closed loop fluid heating ensures constant viscosity throughout the fluid path, even at the highest flow rates.
- Patented Calibrated Process Jetting (CpJ) (U.S. Patent 6,173,864) closed-loop control maintains consistent dispense volume.
- High wet-dispense accuracy; smaller wet-out areas; round, uniform dots; improved line quality with no “dog-bones” and improved knit line.
- Patented “Dot-on-Dot” process technology (U.S. Patent 5,747,102): Jetting multiple shots in the same location creates large & small dot sizes with a single hardware set.
- Low cost of ownership: new wear component materials provide 10-times lifetime improvement.
- Advanced nozzle design further expands the list of compatible fluids and opens the jetting process window
- Lines and complex shapes are constructed from adjacent dots
You’ll benefit from jetting capabilities beyond traditional needle dispensing:
- Jets in tight spaces as small as 175 µm.
- Small fillet sizes as small as 250 µm.
- Dot diameter as small as 200 µm.
- Shot volumes as small as 1.0 nanoliter.
- Jet stream size as small as 50 µm.
- Slim design increases dispense area.
Robust jetting in the most extreme 24/7 production environments, up to 4000 UPH for flip chip underfill. Various configurations are available to meet specific application requirements.