Under general supervision, performs FMEA, Reliability Predictions, Stress Analyses, Life Analyses, develops reliability analysis reports, and develops qualification test plans and procedures. Performs and monitors qualification testing of products, and compiles test data into reports for management. In addition to the above the engineer will be required to analyze and interpret field and test data using reliability statistics. Performs other duties as required
- Performs design for reliability tasks for new products in accordance with the New Product Development process.
- Ability to understand and analyze electronic circuits and/or mechanical structures
- Assists team members on reliability improvement projects by taking responsibility for action items related to the project.
- Works on failure reports and other tasks related to the dispositioning and corrective action of non-conforming material.
- Supports Customer Account Managers on field reliability issues.
- Attends and participates in meetings regarding new product introduction, and is responsible to deliver, on time, the reliability deliverables.
- Develops reports related to product reliability, utilizing available software applications and takes improvement actions on the results.
- Coordinates meetings to formulate methodologies for root cause analysis. Recommends statistical methods to isolate problems and resolve them.
- Performs analytical measurements and experiments to qualify or resolve product and process issues.
- Takes corrective action on procedural, product, or process deficiencies.
- Performs FMEA, Reliability predictions, and Life cycle analyses on Asymtek designed products.