· Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills.
o Professional telephone skills.
o Ability to promptly answer support related phone calls, email messages, and other forms of communication.
· Able to work independently and efficiently.
o Self-motivated, detail oriented, and organized.
· Ability to understand Nordson Adhesive application equipment and application differences.
· Strong analytical technical skills with in-depth knowledge in electrical, mechanical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic disciplines, including but not limited to:
o Mechanical: the understanding of friction, thrust, torque, levers, cranks, linkages, cams, springs, shafts and couplings.
o Hydraulic: the understanding of fluid forces and flow, piston pumps, gear pumps, check valves, regulators, gauges, filters, and strainers.
o Electrical: the understanding of the use and measurement of AC and DC voltages, currents, resistances, inductances, capacitances, and power circuits. Must be knowledgeable in series and parallel connections, rectifier circuits, switches, solenoids, relays, fuses, circuit breakers, transformers, heaters and photoelectric controls.
o Electronic: the understanding of printed circuit board use and replacement, phototransistor controls, encoders, counters, timing circuits, and the use of multiple.
· Knowledge of, and ability to use test equipment/tools necessary to successfully troubleshoot in any of the 5 disciplines listed above.
· Ability to read installation and dimension drawings, hydraulic diagrams, pneumatic diagrams, electrical schematics and wiring diagrams, and basic electronic installation and troubleshooting diagrams.
· Very good computer skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office suite of products, CRM, SAP, etc.
· Basic presentation skills preferred