· Plan daily operations, optimize the utilization of Assembler skills, available work hours, material and work flow to assure timely production within acceptable quality standards.
· Organize and assign work; instruct, guide, and empower employees in the performance of their work.
· Insure Lean methodologies are followed, eliminating manufacturing waste through utilization of value stream mapping, visual systems, 6S, standard work, work cell development, inventory reduction and run time improvements.
· Poka-yoke sources of non-conformity within the production process utilizing 6 Sigma methodologies.
· Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard industrial engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications. Assignments have clear and specified objectives and require the investigation of a limited number of variables.
· Develops tooling concepts for assembly and test.
· Makes significant cost reductions on new and existing products.
· Evaluates and purchases assembly and test equipment.
· Supports Engineering changes.
· Trains Assembly Personnel in new procedures and processes.
· Participate in company programs, e.g. communications, apprenticeship and job training, vacation schedules, job evaluation, employee appraisal, wage administration etc.
· Maintain conformance with Company work rules and regulations, issue warnings
for violations and administer approved disciplinary measures when necessary.
· Work on shop floor in assembly/machining as required.
· Perform any other duties as assigned.